- This event has passed.
The Media’s Impact on Downtown Miami
May 4, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFREE
Presented by the Downtown Neighbors Alliance, Downtown Arts & Science Salon, and the Brickell Homeowners Association
Thursday May 4, 2017 I 6:15 – 8:00 pm
Miami Dade College’s Auditorim I Building 1 I 300 NE 2nd Ave. Miami, Fl. 33132
Join us for a very important panel discussion about our Downtown Miami and Brickell community:
- The impact the media has on downtown as it becomes a full-fledged neighborhood with one hundred thousand residents.
- A conversation centered on schools, noise pollution, homelessness, walkability, parks, transit, traffic and government.
- Collaborative approaches between media and downtown institutions for more insightful coverage.
- Technical innovations, including enhanced and virtual reality, to help residents navigate an increasingly congested city. Apps to integrate coverage with businesses and residents.
- Nancy Ancrum / Miami Herald, Editorial Page Editor. New York University
- David Smiley / Miami Herald, Reporter for Downtown. Florida International University
- Martin Mittner / MDC’s Professor of Animation, and Designer. Carnegie Mellon University
- Francis Suarez / City of Miami Commissioner. University of Florida.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: DASSMIAMI.COM