The Miami Downtown Development Authority writes: “Downtown Miami is South Florida’s destination for global business. A thriving business sector, cultural center, an active and vibrant urban community – all are fueling residential, retail and commercial development in the downtown core. ” MDDA provides valuable research information on their website, and publishes an excellent overview in English, Spanish and Portuguese:
- 2019 Downtown Miami Business First (February 2019): This publication provides an overview of the Downtown Miami business sectors and available resources for businesses.
- WorldExecutive.com Business Travel Advice
- 2018 Greater Downtown Miami Demographics Report (May 2018): The Miami DDA offers its 2018 Demographics update. The Miami DDA now estimates that there are 92,235 residents in Greater Downtown Miami; the local population should surpass 109,000 by 2021. The report also touches on population distribution, household growth, housing, income, expenditures, migration, pets, and exercise.
- 2019 Miami Tech Ecosystem Report (May 2019) – The Tech Report demonstrates the strides made to grow the ecosystem including where we have seen success and what work still remains. The research also shows an increased capacity in various community resources including co-working spaces and startup accelerators. It also reflects an improvement in securing capital.
- 2018 Greater Downtown Miami Tourism Report (March 2019): Downtown Miami is a vibrant place for tourists, residents, workers, and students alike. It’s an international region that is full of diversity and thrilling attractions. Downtown Miami has entry points for tourists via water, land, air, and rail. Numerous attractions are available downtown for all ages and preferences. This report provides a brief summary of the main drivers of tourism within Greater Downtown Miami; including analysis on: ports of entry, hotel occupancy rates, types of attractions, and tourism characteristic comparisons between Greater Downtown Miami, City of Miami, and Miami-Dade County.
Planning a Conference or Event?
Forget your typical banquet hall. Our Greater Downtown Miami neighborhoods offer so many unique and gorgeous venues to choose from. Download this excellent guide from the Miami Downtown Development Authority:
Articles about City of Miami
- Jan 2013 – Brickell Magazine: Urban Evolution
- Downtown Miami – A New State of Mind: “This short documentary provides a close look at the current state of Downtown Miami and a glimpse of this exciting area’s future expansion and growth.” February 23, 2015